Nerf products have been around for about forty years, providing a lot
of fun without too much damage. Starting with foam balls, they have
since spent years improving and expanding their product selections. The
top ten Nerf guns are a mix of those that have been around since the
beginning and those that are around today.
1. In 1991, the first Nerf gun, a bow-and-arrow type, could shoot a
foam arrow sixty feet, one of the farthest shooting weapons the company
2. The Nerf Ballzooka, released in 1994, can shoot fifteen balls in less than six seconds.
3. In 1995 the Nerf Crossbow was the first weapon that could shoot two kinds of ammo, both arrows and darts.
4. The Nerf SuperMAX 3000, released in 1997, this blaster has an automatic rotating chamber that can shoot eight arrows fifty feet.
5. In 1998 Nerf made the Nerf Lock 'n' Load, a little single shot gun with a fifty foot range.
6. 1999 saw the release of the Nerf PowerClip DX 1000. Using pump action the gun can shoot Nerf darts seventy-eight feet.
7. The Nerf N-Strike Unity Power System was released in 2004. Heavily influenced by real weaponry, it is noted for its versatility. It can shoot three types of ammo and can also be disassembled and used as three separate guns.
8. The revolver style Nerf N-Strike Maverick, released in 2006, is considered Nerf's best selling blaster of all time, shooting six darts as fast as you can pump.
9. The Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 was released in 2008 and is the biggest, most powerful gun they ever made. Its twenty-five dart clip can be unloaded in less than ten seconds.
10 The newest Nerf gun, to be released this Fall, is the Nerf N-Strike Raider Rapid Fire CS 35 Blaster. With a thirty-five dart cache, it will have the highest capacity of all Nerf guns.